Indian Billionaire Businessman Powerful Quotes
Born May 1, 1955, Anand Mahindra is an Indian businessman and Chairman of the Mahindra Group, a Mumbai-based multinational conglomerate with a turnover of $21 billion and a presence in multiple sectors, from agribusiness to aerospace.
Anand is an alumnus of Harvard University and Harvard Business School. In 1996, he established Nanhi Kali, a non-governmental organization which supports the education of underprivileged girls in India.
He was also named ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ by Forbes India in 2013. He received the Padma Bhushan Award, India’s third highest civilian honour, in January 2020.
He has notably invested in Indian startups, some of which include digital news site SheThePeople, social media platform LocalCircles, food tech startup DishCo, education company Naandi Education Support & Training (NEST), startup Thinkerbell Labs assisted learning, etc.
On the occasion of Anand Mahindra’s birthday, here is a preview of some of his quotes, to speed up your efforts towards your life goals:
1. “Leaders don’t look behind or to the side. Instead, they look to the future.
2. “When you set the right targets, set the right aspirations, and work efficiently and diligently, the numbers happen.”
3. “Whether in services or manufacturing, the trick is to stay one step ahead. I believe we shouldn’t wait to be disrupted – we should become disruptors ourselves.
4. “You have to treat each day as a new challenge, and you have to stay paranoid, as they say.”
5. “The more you drive positive change, the better your business model is.”
6. “No one understands how the world is going to change. The only way to plan for the future is to have scenarios. You have to have the courage to take a leap of faith on one of them.
7. “Sustainability must be a way of life to be a way of doing business.”
8. “There is a degree of freedom that creates aspirations.”
9. “Benchmarking is an ongoing exercise in any business that aspires to leadership.”
10. “I’ve always said that, more than the ‘big bang’ reforms, it’s what happens every day, what changes on the ground.”
11. “You must sow internal disruptors. You need sources of internal disturbances. They do not guarantee your survival, but you must try.
12. “Life has an interesting way of teaching even the most powerful people that the joy of wealth is fleeting at best.”
13. “Brevity speaks. It forces you to convey complex thoughts.
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2022, 4:20 PM IST