David Y. Igé | Governor’s Office Press Release: State to Launch Vaccine Exception Program for Travelers to Hawaii Vaccinated in United States and Territories
Governor’s Office Press Release: State to Launch Vaccine Exception Program for Travelers to Hawaii Vaccinated in United States and Territories
Posted on 1 Jul 2021 in News, Press Room, Press Releases
HONOLULU – The state is finalizing preparations for the July 8 launch of the Hawaii State Immunization Exception Program for domestic travelers to Hawaii vaccinated in the United States or U.S. territories. The program allows these travelers to bypass the state’s quarantine requirement with proof of vaccination.
Travelers vaccinated in the United States or the United States territories can participate in the exception program from the 15the day after their second dose of Pfizer or Modern vaccine – or starting on the 15the day after their single dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Additionally, travelers to Hawaii should:
- Download one of the three vaccination documents in their Hawaii Safe Travel Account, before to travel to Hawai’i. One of the following documents must be uploaded:
- A CDC COVID-19 vaccination record
- VAMS printing (Vaccination Administration Management System) OR
- Form DOD DD 2766C
The Safe Travels digital platform now enables the upload of vaccination documents for trips arriving in Hawai’i on July 8 and beyond.
- Sign the legal certificates online on Hawai’i Safe Travel, confirming that the uploaded documentation is true and correct.
- Bring a hard copy of their vaccination documents to show screening officers at the boarding gate prior to boarding and / or upon arrival in Hawai’i. Screening officers will review / verify vaccination documents, match photo ID, name and date of birth, and confirm attestations are signed.
NOTE: Children under 5 are not required to be tested and will not be quarantined if traveling with an adult who has a pre-travel testing exception or immunization exception. Children 5 years of age and older who have not been vaccinated should participate in the Pre-trip testing program and test with a Trusted testing partner bypass the mandatory 10-day quarantine.
The state successfully launched the vaccination exception program for vaccinated travelers in the state of Hawaii on June 15.
This program does not cover international travelers.
Deputy Director of Communications / Press Officer
Director of Communications